The ASAC research group participates in the following projects:
International funded projects
- SPEET: Student Profile for enhancing Engineering Tutoring by using Big Data Analysis. Funding agency: EU – Strategic Partnerships. Participating countries: Spain, Portugal, Italy and Rumania. October 2016 – September 2018.
- Synergy Analysis for strengthening of the research and knowledge transfer in Environmental technologies. Funded by AECI-PCI. Participating countries: Spain and Jordan. January 2012 – December 2012.
- E2NHANCE: Educational Exchange Network for Academic Gap Narrowing between Central/South America and Europe. Funded by European Commission – EACEA. Participating countries: Spain, Italy, Poland, Portugal, Finland, Costa Rica, Colombia and Panama. July 2009- September 2013.
- Automation and control for optimal operation of wastewater treatment plants. Funded by AECI-PCI (A/018462/08). Participating countries: Spain and Costa Rica. January 2009 – December 2009.
- EPCE: Environmental process Control Engineering. Funded by EACEA-SOCRATES CD Project. 29438-IC-1-2005-ES-ERASMUS-PROGUC-3. Participating countries: Spain, Scotland and Italy. October 2006 – September 2008.
- E4DCs European Environmental Engineering Education for Developing Countries. Funded by EACEA – ERASMUS MUNDUS Action 4 Project 2007-2010. Participating countries: Italy, Poland, China and Spain. November 2007 – October 2010.
- JoMDE – A New Jordanian MSc in Water Management and Desalination Engineering. Funded by European Commission 144727-TEMPUS-1-2008-1-ITTEMPUS-JPCR. Participating countries: Jordan, Italy, Greece, and Spain. January 2009 – December 2011.
- WWWT & SYSENG: Getting systems engineering into regional wastewater treatment strategies. Funded by European Commission, HPRN-CT-2001-00200, 2002-2006. Participating countries: Scotland, England, Italy, Greece, Sweden, Denmark and Spain. February 2002 – January 2006.
State funded projects
- GEMCO: Control and operation strategies for greenhouse gas emissions mitigation: application to wastewater treatment plants. Funding by MINECO DPI2016-77271-R (Spanish Ministry). Participating countries: Spain. January 2017- December 2019.
- REDIC: Control Engineering Thematic Network. Funding by MINECO DPI2014-51731-REDT (Spanish Ministry). Participating countries: Spain. December 2014- February 2017
- GLOBEDAR: Development of advanced control strategies for WWTP: global cost/quality criteria for nutrient removal and minimization of environmental impact. Funding by MINECO DPI2013-47825-C3-1-R (Spanish Ministry). Participating countries: Spain. January 2014 – December 2016.
- COSEDAR : Sustainable Control an Operation of WWTP for simultaneous elimination of DQO, N and P: Application of Multiobjective Optimization algorithms and robust auto tuning control approaches. Funded by CICYT DPI2010-15230 (Spanish Ministry). January 2011 – December 2013.
- PEDRO: Performance Driven but Robustness Oriented control systems design. Funded by CICYT DPI2007-63356 (Spanish Ministry). December 2007 – December 2010.
- High Performance Control: control configurations and design procedures. Funded by CICYT DPI2007-64570 (Spanish Ministry). October 2007 – December 2010.
- Analysis of configurations and design procedures for high performance control systems under uncertainty. Funded by CICYT-DPI2004-0693 (Spanish Ministry). December 2004 – December 2007.
- Competences and skills evaluation within the Engineering graduation project” Funded by MEC EyA EA2008-0094 (Spanish Ministry). July 2008 – January 2009.
- CARONTE: Software platform for teaching activity management. Impact analysis on engineering subjects and its adaptation to the EEES”. Funded by MEC EyA EA2008-0089 (Spanish Ministry). September 2008 – January 2009.
Local funded projects
- Role Playing and PBL strategies for the development of transversal skills and competences. Funded by Autonomous University of Barcelona MQD08. November 2008 – July 2009.
- Software development for the design and follow-up of the competences, time of study (ECTS) and evaluation of the students. Funded by Autonomous University of Barcelona MQD08. November 2008 – July 2009.
- Design of learning strategies for the assimilation of transversal and business competences within the engineering domain. Funded by Autonomous University of Barcelona MQD07. November 2007 – July 2008.
- Evaluation guide for project evaluation. Funded by Polytechnic University of Catalonia MQD-UPC08. September 2008 – October 2009.
- Role-Playing strategies applied to Engineering projects. Funded by Polytechnic University of Catalonia MQD-UPC08. September 2008 – October 2009.
- Guide for the evaluation of skills and competences on Engineering graduation projects. Funded by Catalan Government AQU-07. February 2009 – December 2009.